HOME

ARCHIVES

EMAIL ME

Logo

Welcome to our Blog!

We are Erlina, Young and Hongjun. We are living in Singapore this year, so we're not taking any assignment in US for 2009. We post our latest work and journal here so check back often. To visit our websites, you can find the link from the directory above.

Feel free to leave comments or just say hi, that would make our day.

separatordots

Friday, June 6, 2008

tgif

When I worked at a financial company years ago... Thank God It's Friday is a phrase that I hear or say a lot. Since I started wedding photography, obviously I don't say that anymore for the obvious reason. Friday is the day I spend getting all our gear ready, charge all batteries, planning, put my mind to start imagining the day and what I want to do, what I want to try, etc... etc... I don't usually sleep much friday night not because we go out partying :) but my mind just don't stop working.. and I have that anxious feeling which I'm glad I still have after all these years doing wedding photography. I think once I don't have that feeling anymore, I need to find another career.

This past few weeks, I've been racing, trying to meet deadlines... trying to do many things at once and still feel I'm behind. This week is one of those week that I feel exhausted... maybe because Young is not here and I can't complain bug him.. maybe because Hongjun was sick the past two days and refuse to take Mortrin to ease his fever.. so he was grouchy and have endless requests that I couldn't possibly fulfill. I'm glad his fever is gone this morning and happy to see him running around the house.

Hongjun finally fell asleep

After I got home, read some news and read that oil price jump again... I got off my chair and went to fill up my tank... still $3.85.. feel like I got a bargain .. $3.85?? Then, I did't feel like going back to work right away, instead I detour and stopped by at World Market. Love that place. I browse the soap area, because a girl need some pampering.. and I found these.. Pangea Organics soaps. It smells so good... it's not strong but sooo good... and the soap container is made out of 100% post-consumer paper and seeds.. so you can soak it in water and plant it. How smart?! These soaps are not cheap, in fact they are pricey but today I don't care. I got to have them. I couldn't even decide which one I liked most, so I got three. Once I got home, I took a shower :) couldn't wait. and I love it. It leaves a clean feeling and I've been sniffing myself like every five minutes, good thing I work alone. I feel better.

Then I got an email from relative of David (Denise and David wedding). It was a very nice email, and it was exactly what I need today. Thank you, Karen. Now, I feel much better.

I have no intention on highlighting the word that's in focus on pictures below. I was focusing on the word "seeds", really..


This is one of the soap and the smart container that you can plant

1 comment:

Erlina Kim said...

Hi Erlina,

This is your husband who misses you bugging him. What a cute picture of hongjun sleeping like that. He must be thinking something serious while he is sleeping. He looks like 'Thinking Man' statue by Rodin. I'm so glad that he feels better.
I'm doing great in Singapore, and today I'm planning to go around and visit couple of museums here. I miss you and Hongjun so much. Love you.

Young